My last post was from Gothic Rosie’s blog about the crummy things MS does to us and how it makes us feel. Well that’s all boo hoo and fine, but now let’s focus on a few of the bonuses of having MS.
1. Handicap parking. No need to say more. You know you all covet it.
2. Built-in excuse. The truth is, often times I just don’t feel like getting out of bed or getting dressed or going outside. The other truth is, that sometimes when I don’t want to do something or go somewhere I play the MS card and who’s going to call me on it? The real truth is, no one will ever know but me ; ^ )
3. Have a seat! Now that I am getting more accepting and comfortable using a walker, I find that I always have a place to sit down. No more aimless milling around for me – I am now purposely seated, wherever I am.
4. Jogging. I’ve never been able to find the allure in jogging. Holy cow, I spent most of my life running to the store, running after the kids, running to catch a plane, running to a meeting….Why would I want to do that for fun? Jogging is now officially off my plate. Hallelujah!
5. Cocktails. Similar to the built-in excuse above, who is ever to know if I’ve had a quick nip or two and am a little tipsy ~ or if I’m just having an unsteady-on-my-feet day? My walker comes with a pouch under the seat…none of your damn business what’s in it.
6. Popsicles. Heat is the enemy, hence unlimited popsicles are your friend.
There are more, and I will add to this list as I think of them. Right now, poor me, I’m off for a popsicle.